A Guest Post by Shadonna Richards
Hi, everyone! I’m Shadonna, author of An Unexpected Bride, a romantic comedy about Emma Wiggins who is about to marry her heart-stopping, gorgeous boss, CEO Evan Fletcher in seven days. Only he doesn’t know about it yet!
Since An Unexpected Bride centers around the theme of love and companionship, I thought I’d compile a list some of the most romantic ways to say I love you without actually saying a word. You know what they say about love being an action word and it’s the little thoughtful things that really make a heart smile . Check this list out (it’s in no particular order):
- A nice warm hug or passionate kiss for your special person for no particular reason except that you appreciate their presence in your life.
- Saying a special prayer for him/her
- Leaving a few notes around the house listing something sweet you love about them. (I remember once, my hubby left an “I Love You” note over the sink after surprising me by washing all the dishes—and there was a lot! Later he explained that I do more than my share and always with joy but I do need a break. Oh, I will forever cherish that moment.)
- Let them know that you always remember the good things they’ve done or their good attributes. We tend to lean towards little annoyances and bring them up from the past too often. How about smiling on the good experiences instead.
- Surprise them by playing their favorite music or movie when they arrive home from work.
Hope you enjoyed the list as much as I enjoyed compiling it. I thought I’d also leave you with a synopsis of An Unexpected Bride. Enjoy.
Desperate to fulfill her ailing grandfather’s last wish to see her settle down and get married, Emma Wiggins, a 30-year-old, career-focused executive tells him a little white lie on his deathbed that she is in fact engaged--to her boss, deliciously handsome and emotionally unavailable, Evan Fletcher.
The situation takes an unexpected turn when her grandfather's condition improves slightly and to her shock, he goes ahead and arranges a wedding ceremony at his hospital bedside before he passes on. Now, all Emma has to do is convince unsuspecting, commitment-phobic Evan to tie the knot with her in seven days. Can love blossom in the most unlikely situation?