Today, the theme is Resolutions, since I never got around to doing that here at New Years. Though, I did do something similar at C.R. Moss's blog last week, and today Rebel Reasoning is doing a blog event surrounding the RIP writers and our writing goals for 2012 (go check it out - there's a giveaway!), so I have been thinking about the year ahead quite a bit.
Without further ado... my Thursday 13 for 2012!
- This year, I will write, polish, submit and contract at least one new short, one new novella and one new novel, to be published or at least contracted by the start of 2013.
- I will make book trailers for all of my books, since I have been slacking on that, as well as banners and buttons, etc.
- I will finish and edit all existing partials and manuscripts that are worth finishing and get them out of the nest - they are starting to build up around here.
- I will finally get on to that historical novel I have been flirting with for over a year.
- I will do a free story for Sept 2012, and finish that free read I already have underway.
- I will finish the non-fiction story I have started, and possibly take my first steps into self-publishing.
- I will resume and finish that abandoned humour chicklit novel I have started.
- Seek to improve my writing by participating with the crit groups that I found last year (but got too busy to continue with).
- I will look into getting a real website - and possibly actually do it.
- I will conquer NaNoWriMo again in 2012! I will re-write the NaNo2011 book this May. (And am toying with doing a personal NaNo in the summer, as well.)
- I will do some sort of in-person promotional event, likely surrounding my paperback releases.
- To launch the Pink Petal book and my Rebel Ink anthology with all my energy!
- More of a dream than a goal, since it's not something I have a lot of control over: I would love to have one of my books read by a book club or reading group this year. I will do what I can to make that happen.